When you’re new to outdoor adventuring, the options can seem endless. How do you choose an activity that’s perfect for your first time? We’ve got you covered with 10 beginner outdoor adventures that are perfect for first-timers. From easy hikes to moderate mountain biking trails, there’s something for everyone. So get outdoors and explore what our amazing planet has to offer!
1. Beginner Hiking Trails: There are plenty of beginner-friendly hiking trails all over the world. Choose a trail that is close to home and has stunning scenery. Do some research ahead of time to make sure you’re prepared for the hike. Bring plenty of water and snacks, and be sure to wear proper shoes.
2. Mountain Biking Trails: Mountain biking is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the great outdoors. Choose a trail that is moderate in difficulty so you can build up your confidence. Be sure to wear a helmet and protective gear, and follow all trail rules.
3. Camping: Camping is a classic outdoor adventure that is perfect for beginners. Choose a spot that is close to home and easy to get to. Bring all the necessary gear, including a tent, sleeping bag, and camp stove. Be sure to follow Leave No Trace principles so you can enjoy the wilderness while leaving it unspoiled for future generations.
4. Fishing: Fishing is a peaceful activity that can be enjoyed by all. Choose a spot that is known for its good fishing, such as a lake or river. Be sure to get a fishing license, and bring bait, tackle, and a cooler for your fish.
5. Canoeing or Kayaking: Paddling down a river in a canoe or kayak is a great way to see the world from a different perspective. Choose a route that is appropriate for your skill level, and be sure to follow all safety guidelines.
6. Rock Climbing: Rock climbing is an exhilarating activity that will get your heart pumping. Choose a beginner-friendly climbing spot, and be sure to wear proper shoes and use safety equipment.
7. Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is a great way to explore the outdoors. Choose a trail that is appropriate for your skill level, and be sure to wear proper footwear.
8. Bike Riding: Bike riding is a great way to see the world and get some exercise. Choose a route that is appropriate for your skill level, and be sure to wear a helmet.
9. Birdwatching: Birdwatching is a great way to appreciate the beauty of nature. Choose a spot that is known for its bird population, and bring binoculars and a bird guide.
10. Stargazing: Stargazing is a great way to relax and appreciate the night sky. Choose a spot that is away from city lights, and bring a blanket and binoculars.